1.16 (15 Jan, 2023)
🚀 New Features
- New backgrounds “Flower” and “Beach” are added.
- Annotation update: Added manual redact tool (Key 3) and shape tool (Key 4).
- Show the exact value of Padding, Inset, Shadow, and Rounded parameters. You can click on the number to set the exact value.
- Added a “Drag Me” button.
- Added Share Extension, so you can share image from other apps to Xnapper using the macOS share menu. To activate this, open your System Settings → search “Share menu items” → Added extensions → tick the “Sharing” checkbox under the “Xnapper” item.
✨ Improvements & Fixes
- Improved arrow behavior: now you can hold and drag the arrow to change its direction.
- You can now drag text while editing it by using the drag handles.
- Toolbar buttons now highlight the active tool.
- Fixed an issue with Saved Preset not saving the correct plain color.
- Fixed some settings are not loaded correctly when the app first started.
1.15.5 (15 Oct, 2022)
Patch 1.15.5: Fixed an issue that causes the Save As feature not working.
🎉 A huge update with annotations (Beta), new backgrounds, and many more improvements!
🚀 New Features
- Added Annotations Tools (Beta). You can draw arrows and add text to your screenshot now!
- Added new backgrounds: Charm and Violet. The old backgrounds are still available in the More... option.
- Added a new ratio: YouTube → Community Post.
- Added Capture Window option in the Xnapper's status menu (or you use press Space while taking screenshots to switch to Window Capture mode anytime).
- You can now drag a file to the Xnapper's status bar icon to quickly open it with Xnapper.
- You can now change the default file name of every screenshot from the Preferences panel.
- Improved Redact Sensitive Data: you can now redact Credit Cards, IP Addresses, and API Keys automatically. You can also change the redact color now.
- Improved app behavior when taking screenshots in window mode, it automatically applies relevant inset and border radius settings.
- Improved reliability of the "Capture and copy to clipboard" feature.
- Watermark now turns off automatically after you enter a license key. You can always turn it back on or change to your own watermark if needed.
- Selected background and ratio options are now shown with blue highlight borders.
- Many other small UI/UX improvements.
🛠️ Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where it saves the screenshot with wrong dimensions with respect to the selected ratio.
- Fixed the color picker popup closed too soon when trying to enter the hex code.
- Fixed an issue where direct copy to clipboard only works when redact email is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the app overrides old files without asking.
- Patch 1.15.2: Added a new behavior to change the the arrow annotiations' direction. Fixed missing preset issue.
- Patch 1.15.3: Fixed an issue that cause missing ".png" file extensions.
- Patch 1.15.4: Fixed an issue that sometime causes the screenshot to appear blank.
- Added "Detected Text" menu item in the Xnapper's status bar menu. This allows you to copy texts from your screenshots conveniently.
- Fixed an issue where the toast notification ("Image Copied", "File Saved",...) got stuck and never disappeared.
- Show a small tip when you hold/drag the image (see the small label below the screenshot).
- Remove the "Beta" label from some places in the app.
- Added Presets. You can now customize and save your own presets for multiple purposes!
- Added Zoom control, fixed some issues around zoom not being centered.
- Added ⌘C shortcut to copy text/image to clipboard.
- Updated "Double-Click to Copy and Close" behavior: now when you double click on the background, it will copy and close the image. If you double click on the text in the image, it will select the text.
- Reduce the max value of border radius to 50
- Fixed a bug where desktop background and custom background doesn't work on some devices.
- Added License Manager. Fixed some issues related to the license key field (multiline, copy/paste).
- Added Social Media image sizes and ratios.
- Added small notifications after Copy/Save.
- Reduce the max value of the border radius slider to 100.
- Minor UI changes.
- Added a checkbox near the watermark textbox to enable/disable the watermark easily.
- Fixed: double-click on the text in the image will now no longer close the image, it will highlight the text instead.
- Fixed an issue where it reset the License Key after quitting the app. If you have entered the License Key before, please enter it again. Sorry about this inconvenience!
- Added 3 beautiful mesh gradients.
- Added an option to compress output image for smaller file size! Hold the Option ⌥ key while clicking the save button to save the compressed image. You can make all images compressed by default in the Preferences window.
- Added a new shortcut to take a screenshot and copy the output image to clipboard immediately. You can customize this shortcut (of course!) in the Preferences window.
- Fixed Desktop background not updating after you change your desktop background.
- Changed the UI of Ratio options. You can now specify exact dimensions for the output image by clicking the Custom... button. (Social media sizes coming soon!)
- Fixed an issue where it causes the screenshot to be blurry after auto balance.
- Fixed canvas jiggling when resizing Xnapper's window.
- Removed the Copy button's shortcut, as it can be an inconvenience when you try to copy texts in the screenshot with ⌘C.
- Changed the "Reopen Closed Screenshot" menu item's shortcut to ⇧⌘Z.
- You can now right click on any image file → Open With... → Xnapper
- Added Launch at login option.
- Added Always hide this window at launch option.
- Improved window detection. Now when you capture a window with the Space key, the border radius and the inset will be set to fit the window's size (and make it look better!).
- Improved the canvas behavior for big screenshots with scrollbars.
- Fixed drag/drop not working without focus the window first.
- Shadow is now more beautiful (using multi layer shadow).
- Improved inset detection when capture a window (using Space during capture).
- Changed drag/drop behavior: now you just need to drag the image (instead of the small "Drag Me" button previously)
- Removed window title for a cleaner UI.
- Added some fun sound effects.
- New: select and copy texts directly in your screenshots!
- Added context menu when right-click to the image canvas.
- Added "Close screenshot after Copy" option in the Preferences panel.
- Improved window size to adapt with the screenshot size.
- Improved performance for big screenshots.
- Improved auto balance algorithm. More balance, more beautiful!
- Added keyboard shortcuts: ⌘Z to reopen last screenshot and ⌘, to open the Preferences... panel.
Many important improvements!
- Improved email detection. Xnapper can now detect emails in your screenshot more reliably!
- Improved automatic inset balance threshold. This makes Xnapper detect the balance point of your screenshot better!
- Fixed an annoying issue where it reset your watermark after you restarted the app.
- New: added "Balance" inset option. It will automatically balance your screenshot to make it look better!
- New: Xnapper now redacts email addresses in your screenshot automagically!.
- Fixed an issue that causes the watermark to be reset to the default.
- 1.8.1 Patch: Fixed screenshot size when capture on external screens.
- New: you can add custom background now! Find the new "Image File" option under the "Custom" popup.
- Fixed misalign watermark .
- Added helpful debug logs to help investigate issues easier.
- You can buy a Xnapper license key now at early bird discount!
- Clicking "Copy" or "Save" will close the window automatically.
- The "Save" button now save to Desktop automatically. You can change the location in Xnapper's Preferences window.
- Xnapper now hides its windows when taking a screenshot (you can disable this behavior if needed).
- Improved window position after taking a screenshot.
- Fixed a bug where screenshots are not showing up.
- NEW BEAUTIFUL ICON! Check it out 😍!
- Added "Ratio" buttons that allow you to set a fixed ratio for your screenshots.
- Added the share button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Added "Open from Clipboard" and "Open from file" to the app menu.
- Improved shadow levels
- Press escape in the "Preferences..." window will now close the window.
- Improved performance, screenshots are now show up faster.
- Fixed some bugs so the app can handle big screenshots better.
- Added a new "Inset" option with automatic background detection. This feature will make your screenshots 50% more beautiful!
- Added "Reopen Closed Screenshot" menu item.
- You can now change the screenshot history location.
- You can now disable screenshot history.
- Xnapper is now compatible with macOS 10.15+
- Patch 1.3.1: fixed an issue where it causes the custom background to not work properly.
- You can drag/drop the image now.
- You can also customize the background color and gradient now.
- Added more cool backgrounds.
- Updated the app UI, rearrange buttons.
- Added "Screenshot Archives" button where you can see screenshots you have taken in the past.
- Fixed an issue with the output image size.
- New name: Xnapper (and website: xnapper.com)
- Added many keyboard shortcuts
- Double-click on the image will now copy and close the window automatically
- You can now Copy/Save the original screenshot easily with the two new buttons
- Keep in mind that the current UX/UI, logo, and icons are temporary and will probably updated/redesigned soon.
- You can now customize the shadow, background, and watermark.
- Fixed some issues with image size.
The very first version